February 11, 2010

The Finale!

Okay, okay.  So it's been a week since I left you all wondering whether or not Mr. Doxie and I were able to book our perfect venue.

Well, I was on pins and needles waiting for the owner of Victorian Gardens of Two Sisters to return my call regarding available dates in May.  Our venue search hadn't exactly been smooth up to this point, so I readied myself for disappointment as I was waiting on her call.  Would I be sad if she didn't have a day for us?  Of course.  But I had to remind myself that it wouldn't be the end of the world; sometimes I forget that I'll always have options.

By the time the phone finally rang, I was positive she wouldn't be able to help us.  Murphy isn't a very nice acquaintance to have, after all, and I'm a pessimist.  I was completely taken aback by her response!  Not only was there one Saturday available in May, but since it's during a Canadian three-day weekend, it was our ideal date!

"HOLD IT FOR ME PLEASE!"  I made an appointment to see it the next day.

As Daddy Doxie, Step Mom Doxie and I made the drive up to Kingsburg, I could feel the butterflies in my stomach.  When we pulled in the driveway I could tell it was just as beautiful in person as it was in the photos; it was April and everything was in bloom.  Flowers everywhere you looked!  It was absolutely perfect.  My family agreed and Daddy Doxie pulled out his checkbook and wrote a check for our deposit.

As she opened her datebook to pencil us in, she frowned and looked at us nervously.  Tragically, as fate would have it, she had made a terrible mistake...



... Just kidding!

Everything worked out swimmingly!  There were no heartbreaking mistakes and misunderstandings this time.  We found our perfect venue, and we can't wait to be married there!  We were also pretty relieved that the tale of our venue search had finally come to an end.  I would have had a hard time dealing with another let down without Mr. Doxie there for support.

I guess everything does work out for a reason;  now if only I could remember that all the time!

How does your venue-search-story go?  Is it akin to a long, drawn-out novel, or an upbeat short story?

If you want t see more of our gorgeous venue, visit www.victoriangardens.biz/

No comments:

Post a Comment