November 17, 2009

Playing Catch Up

Okay. So I’m not going to start this post with another apology for my absence. I know I’ve been a slacking blogger. But, even worse, I’ve been a slacking bride.

As you all well know, we’re more than halfway through the month of November. Wait, what? NOVEMBER?!? Our wedding is six months away and I’ve not accomplished very much.

Where in the world has the time gone?


I will admit that adjusting to my new life with Mr. Doxie has been a bit distracting, but man!  Time really does fly.  Not only can I not believe it's already been seven months since Mr. Dachshund and I decided to get married, but he's already been here for a month!  A whole month has passed, in which nothing related to our wedding in May was completed.  It goes without saying that "wedding overdrive" is about to commence in the Doxie household!

However, the holidays are rapidly approaching, and procrastination is the easy route to choose for this dachshund.  I'm almost nervous that the long, long laundry list of my to-do tasks will be ignored until the new year.  Almost.  I really can't afford to procratinate any longer; in addition to the huge amount of crafting that I've decided to undertake for the wedding (the amount of which I've actually finished is only a drop in the bucket), I still have one huuuge thing that I haven't yet taken care of:  The Dress.

I've been putting off my search for The Dress for months now, terrified that I won't find anything that will flatter my less-than-flattering body.  The thought of shopping for one just isn't appealing.  At all.  I mean, I have an idea of what I'd like, but I've convinced myself that I won't have any luck finding it.  I know that unless I want one of my (many) wedding nightmares* to come true, I must will find a dress.  But alas, I must begin shopping for one to do so.  And soon!  The clock is a-tickin' and I don't want to limit my already limited selection any more.

Have you procrastinated in your wedding planning, only to realize that time has snuck up on you?  What did it take to get you back on track?


* I wake up on the morning of the wedding, excited to marry Mr. Doxie, and I realize that I have nothing to wear!  I ran to the closest bridal salon, and after making my guests wait hours for me to choose a dress, I ended up in something like this.  Definitely not a dream I want to come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment