April 20, 2010

The Best Projects are Simple Projects

Guys, I have a confession to make.  I am sick of DIY projects.  I still have a ton, but I am embracing the K.I.S.S. philosophy, for lack of time if not for my own sanity.  The other day I had to order some paper and envelopes from Paper Source, and I figured that I'd go ahead and order a few extra things since I was already paying for shipping.  

Ever since I saw this card box, I've had my eyes on those cardboard suitcases from Paper Source.  I loved the card box idea, and finally decided to order them.  One more thing to check off the list, right?  Right!

This card box was super easy.  I ordered two suitcases, the large and the medium, cut the bottom out of the smaller one with a box cutter, and then traced that hole on the larger one.  Cut that out too.  The holes definitely aren't perfect, but no one's going to see the inside!  I taped the two suitcases together with a bunch of shipping tape until it was secure.


After it was all taped, I cut a slit in the top.  I drew the rectangle on with sharpie, and tried my hardest to make straight cuts. 

But alas, I'm terrible with a box cutter.  The slot was all jagged, but nothing a little ribbon couldn't fix!  I threw a bow around it for a little added something.  Adds security, too, I think!

I'm still debating whether or not this is big enough, though.  As it is, it's about 7 inches tall.  I think it will be okay, but do you think I should add another tier?

What did you use for your card box?

1 comment:

  1. I had a couple old vintage suitcases for my wedding, too.

    It depends on how many people you are having, but it would be more dramatic if you add the extra tier.

    It looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete