April 20, 2010

It's Here!

When I got home from work yesterday afternoon this box just happened to be waiting for me:


I was super anxious, a little nervous, but mostly excited to get into that box and try on my dress for the first time!  Was it going to fit?  Was I going to like it?  What if I didn't!?!  I don't have much time left for alterations, so I was really crossing my fingers that all would go well.


So exciting!  Pretty pink packing paper.  It made a mess, but it's was cute!

Omg dress!  I've been waiting for the dress for so long that even the garment bag was exciting!  (Erm, excuse my walls, we're in the middle of trying to figure out what color we want in the bedroom.)

Unzip...

Annnd....
It fits!  Like a glove.  Hive, you know I love you.  I wouldn't share these pictures with just anyone, you know.  I asked my mom to get off the couch to take a picture, as pointing the camera up is rarely flattering. She wouldn't budge.  Oh well  : )

Here I am showcasing my ridiculously tall albeit ridiculously cute shoes.  The dress is much prettier in person!  My cheap camera flash makes the silk taffeta look awfully shiny while in reality it has a perfectly acceptable amount of shine  : )



This is my mom's dirty mirror, not mine!


I can't wait to see what it looks like all wrinkle free with my accessories and my hair and makeup done.  I've gotta say, I didn't think I was going to have the feeling.  I didn't cry, but I did feel giddy, and I did feel like a bride.  I was so nervous, and really it was all unwarranted.  I found my perfect dress, and it fit like a dream.  I was so worried that the measurements would turn out to be wrong, or the length was going to be off, but it was surprisingly perfect!  Only one more month until I'll be wearing it for real!

I really couldn't recommend Dolly Couture more.  They have been nothing but helpful.  I got my dress in eight weeks, and I love, love, love it.  I've received quite a few comments and messages from brides who are my size and are considering the Beverlywood from Dolly Couture.  My conclusion:  Go for it!  It's very flattering and comfortable.  I feel pretty in it, and I know you will, too!

Want to catch up on the rest of my dress shopping experience? Here are my previous posts:

And a quick question for you guys:  Where should I take it to be pressed?  Will any dry-cleaners do this for me?




No comments:

Post a Comment