September 23, 2009

The Colors that Inspired it All


I'm putting some of our "real wedding" projects on hold because Halloween is so soon, but I don't want you to think that our actual wedding isn't the main event!

I thought I'd give you a quick peak at how I'm imagining our wedding day, starting with our colors.

Despite my chronic indecisiveness, choosing the color story for our wedding was a pretty simple task.  I knew I wanted colors that would carry through the airy, fun, almost whimsical feeling that I'd like our wedding day to possess.  I wanted something modern but not too "out there."

I didn't have to go far to find the inspiration for our color scheme:
CIMG0426
 In fact, I get to see our colors every day!

I know it's not the greatest picture of my kitchen, but if you look closely you can see our wedding colors.  The walls are a beautiful pale, minty aqua and there are plenty of red accents.  This has been my favorite color combination for as long as I can remember.  I love that while it's a modern palette, it wouldn't be out of place in a vintage setting.


Can you tell that I love these colors together?

Immediately I typed "Aqua and red weddings" into a Google image search.  The images that I found made me gasp!  I was hooked.  Thank goodness Mr. D liked the combination, too!

So, without further ado, meet the colors of our wedding, aqua and red:



I put together a quick inspiration board of some of my favorite examples of the colors together.

 

I'm so excited to be able to incorporate my favorite colors into our wedding and I think they'll look beautiful in our venue's garden setting.  Also, I'm loving the buttons... do I smell a motif?

How did you come up with your color scheme?  Was it an easy decision?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! This is one of my fave combos Miss Doxie! Did you see the paint chips I pulled (entry from Sunday?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did! it made me smile because I have aqua and red paint chips that I carry around in my purse :D

    ReplyDelete